Dear Westhill High School Family:
Welcome to the 2014-15 school year! I hope this letter finds you having summer fun and looking eagerly ahead to our new school year.
Our summer has been very productive and we will surely be ready to welcome back all students. Please note this major change – Ninth grade orientation will take place on August 29 – we will follow an early release schedule 7:25-11:30am. All students will report on September 2 – 7:25am -2:05pm. Once again, please take note of this and plan accordingly. All grade levels will meet for Periods 1-7 on September 2 & 3 in an abbreviated schedule after a short orientation in student’s homeroom. Homeroom assignments will be mailed home separately. Dismissal again is 2:05pm. Lunch service will be available.
- Telephone Number and Address Changes: Parents must inform the school immediately of any changes of address or telephone numbers. The school needs this information not only for routine communications but also for communication of emergency information. Students for whom we do not have a valid address will not receive their schedule on the first day of school.
- Telephone Calls to Parents: The school has an automatic telephone machine, programmed daily to leave messages at the homes of students who were absent from one or more classes. Calls are made during the evening. Messages of importance are also sent home via our Parent Link System. I urge you to listen to these communications carefully.
- School Buses: The bus stop and travel on the school bus are an extension of Westhill High School. Any violation of school policy at or in these areas will be disciplined appropriately. Bus information will be printed in The Advocate.
- PLEASE SEND COMPLETED EMERGENCY CARD TO SCHOOL ON SEPTEMBER 3 - YOUR STUDENT’S HOMEROOM TEACHER WILL COLLECT THEM.
- A reminder – by now, all 9th grade students should have submitted current health physicals to the nurse and verified their addresses in the Main Office at Westhill High School.
- SUMMER READING: A summer reading list was sent to the Ferguson Library and was made available on www.westhillweb.com. All students had an English assignment and some had additional summer work for some Advanced Placement courses. All English classes will begin with assignments based on this summer reading, so it is imperative that it be done.
Please be aware of the Student Handbook/Calendar that is included in the summer mailing. Keep it in a place that allows you to refer to it throughout the year. The handbook contains valuable school information and all students and their families are responsible for the information.
If your son or daughter will not be attending Westhill High School, please notify us immediately by calling the Data Processing Office at 977-4067.
I am looking forward to seeing you soon! Enjoy the rest of the vacation.
Download the Principal's Welcome Letter as a PDF