LanD Crew Mission:
- To improve the social, emotional and academic skills of incoming Freshman through a peer-to-peer mentor program.
- To develop and hone leadership skills of 11th and 12th grade student mentors as they transition to post-secondary endeavors
Event: LanD Crew Speaker Series
The LanD Crew speaker series is an opportunity to bring leaders from the Stamford and broader State and National community into Westhill High School to speak to our LanD Crew members on the topic of leadership, character and skills necessary to meet the challenges of life outside of high school.
Dates/Times: These dates are subject to change due to speaker availability and unforeseen school cancelations. Times are flexible and can be modified to accommodate speaker schedule. Our goal is to have speakers present from 2:30 to 3:15 PM with a brief Q and A to follow. We do have the ability to move the presentation time to during the school day between 11:15 and 1-1:15 PM.
- February 26, 2016 Georgette Pascal: Pascal President and CEO Pascal Communications
- March 18, 2016 Eric Kung MD: Medical Director Fairfield County Neurology
- April 29, 2016 Randy Skigen: President – Stamford Board of Representatives
- May 27, 2016 TBD
- June 16, 2016 TBD
Students who qualify to attend:
The LanD Crew Speaker series is open to all members of LanD Crew who are in good academic and behavioral standing with the school and community. LanD Crew members are a diverse student body comprised of 11th and 12th grade students (15-18 years of age), male, female, Hispanic, African American, West Indian, White, athletes, thespians, musicians, girl scouts, boy scouts, National Honor Society Members, Class Officers, etc. They have committed their time to a rigorous orientation and worked with our Freshman this year as mentors during their Connection Time period.
If you are interested in participating or need more information please contact Chase Dunlap by e-mail at CDunlap@stamfordct.gov or via phone at (203) 977-6683 between 7:30 AM and 4 PM