Westhill High School's collection holds approximately 25,000 books, ebooks and videos. Materials are purchased to support the district's curriculum and also to provide materials for leisure reading. Great collection of YA books!
Destiny is the catalog for everything in the Westhill Library Media Center - books, ebooks, databases, web sites, videos, and other audiovisual materials.
- Destiny can be searched by keyword, subject heading, author, title, and series title. Type search terms and click on the appropriate button.
- Select listings that interest you and look at the full record. You will often find a summary of the content of the material you found.
- When searching for books there is also a tab on top for a list of educator approved web sites
- Destiny is available on the school network and at home
The Destiny Library Catalog will give you the MLA citation for any book used from our collection!
- Open Destiny and type in your search topic.
- When you find books that you want to use for your paper - click on "add to my list."
- When you have finished click on "resource lists" from the side menu.
- At the bottom of page click on "create citation list."
- Copy and paste into word document.
- When finished put in alphabetical order by author.
- YOUR WORKS CITED IS DONE!
Online Databases - Get passwords in Media Center!
Nearby Public Libraries
Links for High School Students
- General Encyclopedias: World Book, Encyclopedia Americana, Comptons Encyclopedia, Academic American are some of the encyclopedias available in book form.
- Subject Encyclopedias: Many special subject encyclopedias such as the Encyclopedia of Physics, Encyclopedia of Chemistry, Encyclopedia of American Cultural and Intellectual History, Encyclopedia of African-American Cultural History, Ancient Greece and Rome, etc. are included in the Reference Collection.
- Dictionaries and Thesauri: The collection includes general English dictionaries, dictionaries for a variety of other languages, visual dictionaries, and special subject dictionaries.
- Sources for Literary Criticism: A number of resources in the Gale series are available to find critical essays about authors and their works.
- General Reference Books: Books and book sets to support the curriculum in Science, Literature, World History, American History, African American History are included in the collection.